ENTER THE CREATIVE WORLD
Welcome to the Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam (GLR), the Dutch creative college for media, design & technology. The GLR is the largest creative college of its kind in the Netherlands. With over 350 qualified staff and educators and more than 4,000 ambitious students, the GLR offers a broad range of college-level educational programs dedicated to preparing our students for future careers in the media, design & technology industries.
Behind the success of the Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam is our continuing ambition to provide high-quality and innovative education for students and practicing professionals. Students acquire valuable knowledge and skills for practical application in different fields such as interactive media and graphic design, animation, games, film & video, stage & theatre technique, sound design, media management, media technology, (digital) printing, finishing and a long list of exciting specializations.
- Classrooms are equipped with software and hardware that you'll find in the professional industry.
- The GLR has a fully equipped printing department for prepress, plate making, printing and finishing processes.
- In Sign studio of the GLR, students learn for sign making.
- A graphic design or idea often starts with a sketch or drawing.
- The school has a 500 m2 studio space with professional light, audio and video apparatus and technologies.
- In the professional recording studio, students learn to create sound effects for various media products.
- The atmosphere in de GLR encourages the students to be creative and innovative.
- In the program Media technology students learn to install, configure and manage information.
- Check out this video about the GLR.
All students who register at the GLR come with the common goal to develop their knowledge, skills and creativity in order to improve their opportunities for further study, careers and better futures. Common interests and the creative processes bring students together and fill the halls and classrooms with a truly creative atmosphere. And it is the creative atmosphere that makes the learning environment at the GLR so special. Students who develop ideas and creative products work and learn together. This binding factor creates an inspiring, comfortable and safe environment for learning and personal growth.